Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wait. Be Still.

2 years. Two YEARS!! 730 days. That is such a long time. That is the current wait time for placement of a child. Breath in, Breath out. God is in control.

I am feeling anxious today, so I thought I'd come here to vent, and sort through all my many emotions. Bear with me while I work through it ;-)

When we started this process, we put ALL our faith in God. It still is, dont get me wrong. We were told the wait was long, and was longer than it was a year ago because of some newer policies set forth in Ethiopia. "We tell our families to expect a wait of up to 36 months.....Blah, blah." I heard it, but I guess I didn't really believe it, or maybe it didn't really sink in because we were SOOOO overwhelmed by all the paperwork we were to be busy with. But now, the paperwork is nearly done. And the wait is still there. Maybe I thought that the wait wouldn't REALLY be that long. I mean, there are roughly 147 MILLION orphans, right? How COULD it possible take that long to find us just one child? One child who needs us, our home, our love, GOD'S love. I feel like a child, impatient for Christmas to come. I am impatient for our child to come. Jaden so wants a brother (or even a sister!).

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God...."

 I'm sad, quite frankly. There is a reason why we can't have children like most others, the "conventional" way. I am certain of the path God has set forth for us......aren't I? Yes, of course....of course I am. I feel it. I feel it in the depths of my soul. Why else would I commit to adopting an orphan, whose little life has been rocked, who could potentially change our entire world as we know it? Why else would I commit to the incredible cost of adoption, asking our friends, families, and perfect strangers to GIVE......GIVE their hard-earned money so that we....one little family....could make a difference for ONE? Yes, I am certain.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I love my son. I would do anything in the world for him. I would go to the ends of the earth for him. I love our future child, and WILL go to the ends of the earth for him/her as well. So, I guess the answer is, Yes. It IS worth it.

"But I trust in you, Lord: I say, you are my God. My times are in your hands" Psalm 31:14-15.

Thanks for listening, and especially thank you for your prayers and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment