Friday, June 1, 2012

Notice anything new?

Does anyone notice anything different about our page??? (hint-look to your right!!) We are now selling adoption T-shirts through a company called adoption bug, which helps fundraise for adoptive families! The link will take you directly to our T-Shirt site, and you have your choice of 6 T-shirts that I think are pretty awesome! SO, if you support adoption and are PROUD of it, grab one or ALL of these T's!! I think your WHOLE FAMILY will need one ;-) We get 40% of the sales toward our funds, and we sure could use it SOON!! Read on.....

Our home study is DONE and APPROVED by our agency, and in the mail to us as we speak! WHEW, that feels great!!! The next step will be to get I-600(department of homeland security) fingerprinting done ($875!!). That will take a few weeks to get back, and when it does our Dossier will be en route to Ethiopia!! ($6500-gulp!) Then we wait......Our official parameters we have decided on are boy OR girl, under 12 months at time of referral, twins OK(yes TWINS!), minor/correctable special needs OK. If we end up waiting for quite a while, we may end up changing the age parameters(lets face it-we're not getting any younger!!)

We are about $7500 funded for our total fees, with the fundraisers we've had thus far, $$ we have put into it, and the $2500 provided by my employer(although this actually wont come until we are finalized).  We have about $22,500 more to cover to meet our goal of $30,000 or more that we expect to pay. We have many more fundraisers planned, and the T-shirt fundraiser will be ongoing. We pray for a great turnout at each of our fundraisers, this is such a worthy cause in our eyes. I wish we could bring all of them home!!

We get quite a few questions about why we chose International adoption, why not adopt from the US. Most people intent well, then there are the few who are just rude about it. I dont think that I have really explained what led us to Ethiopia, and why not the US. I will save that for another post, I feel so passionately about it that it may be a long post ;-)

All else is great on the homefront! Kevin and I are well, Jaden is finishing up baseball, and only has a week and a half left of Kindergarten. Man, I am sad about that! We have enjoyed this year SO much, I really hate to see it come to an end. We just love his school, and He has the BEST teacher, hate to see it end!! Hopefully next year will be just as wonderful!!

Stay tuned, our WONDERFUL supporters!!! God Bless you ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment