"Dear Kevin and
Jamie,
I just wanted to
follow up with an email to let you know that we reviewed your formal application
and you have been approved to move forward with the Ethiopia program."
Our lives have forever changed since we read those words. We spent 6 months gathering and notarizing documents like you would not believe. We've been on the waitlist for another 6 months. We are preparing to wait another 18 months to be matched with OUR child. In the last year, I can say that I have felt every. single. emotion. known to man. And even some that are only known to woman! There is not even an hour that goes by that I don't think about our little one. I gotta be completely honest....More often than not, I am just plain scared. Terrified. Unsure. Uneasy. Completely and totally unprepared for what's to come, because, really.....I have no idea of what's to come. I'm reading books. I'm googling like crazy. I'm praying, oh my glory I AM PRAYING!! I'm telling you, if you ever want to go head to head with Satan, all you have to do is say YES to God. Doesn't matter what He asks of you....for us it was to adopt one of his precious children. All has gone pretty smoothly in our process thus far.....but the enemy knows we are doing God's will, and I know that it is the enemy that puts fear and doubt in my life and mind. I am doing my best to deal with that.
The thing I keep going back to is that as much as I am scared, unsure, uneasy, terrified, and unprepared.....Guess what. So is our child. A million times more.
Don't get me wrong.....I am also a decent amount of excited!! There is nothing that I love more than being a mom. It is what I prayed for for SOOO many years. How could I not be excited about the honor to love another little? We have, since joining the waitlist, witnessed many families bring home their babies from Ethiopia, and each and every one of them say the same thing. As hard as it is to wait for your child, as hard as it is (sometimes) to parent these fragile and sometimes broken children, It is so so so so worth it. Oh my glory, He will redeem. I put 100% of my faith in this....He will redeem. He will redeem because we said "YES".
Could I ask for a quick prayer from each of you...every day if you think about it....just pray for us and our child. :-)
Sooo....would you all like to know how we are progressing on the waitlist?? As of December 31st, we are #108 girl, #93 boy, and #47 siblings. yay for double digits on the boy list!! When I think about how much longer we have yet to wait....I think about this.....In 2012, AGCI helped 90 children home to their forever families. So, since we are 93 on the boy list, there is a REALLY good chance we will meet our child in 2013!!! Oh, we can only hope and pray!!
Thank you all for your continued support, and prayers. stay tuned.....I promise to update more, I missed November ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment