Monday, May 14, 2012

BLESSED

Have I mentioned how blessed we are?? Well, we SOOOO are. :-)

We have a couple fundraisers going on this week. A fellow nurse that I work with offered to arrange a bake sale at work to help with our adoption costs, and that will take place on Wednesday the 16th. Been baking up a storm for that! What a perfect excuse for me to bake!

And THEN......Saturday the 19th will be our rummage sale!! 8-5 at Fords Prairie Grange in Centralia, on Reynolds Road. MANY, MANY families have donated toward the sale, and we are so blessed by that. What is really cool, though, is that people we dont even KNOW are spreading the word about our sale in hopes of drumming up lots of customers! A cashier at the christian store told Kevin she would spread the word after he mentioned what we were up to this weekend.....a friend of a friend of a friend is telling EVERYONE she knows about it, and so on. Many people are offering to help with anything we need help with.

Things like this give me peace of mind that we are on the right path. God is leading us, and He is making sure that He is providing. I do have to say, though, that I do not like being, what's called in adoption world, a "fundraising family". Don't get me wrong....I am so THANKFUL for every single contribution toward our adoption. It's just that it is not in my nature to ask people for help, for donations, for anything really. i am sure that it is just the enemy that is putting these uneasy feelings in me. I know perfectly well that in adoption world, just about every family who are in the midst of an adoption are "fundraising families", and this is how it becomes affordable. I have to just keep telling myself, this is God's path for us, HE WILL PROVIDE!

Hope all the mommas had a great Mother's day, by the way!! My day was fantastic! Spent some time with MY mama, gramma, aunts, sister, etc, etc....then came home to some prizes from my boys. My little man is so stinking cute, and was SOOOO proud to give me his gifts and cards. Of course, handmade and hand picked by him, and I wouldn't have it any other way!! Those are the best ones! Oh, AND they both worked so hard and cleaned the house for me!! I can't imagine not being a mom, not knowing that love that only a mama can know. Amazing. just Amazing.

Our home study should be ready for our review by the end of the week, and if looks ok, will go to the family coordinator at AGCI for review. The next step after approval is to apply to the department of homeland security for an advanced petition to adopt, included in this is called a biophysical profile, which is advanced fingerprinting, eyeball scanning, etc. Once that is done, then we can send our Dossier off to Ethiopia!! Once reached in Ethiopia, our waiting will then begin.....

Until next time.....Thank you all for supporting us. Now come shop our rummage sale!!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment