Tuesday, April 3, 2012

3 months "paper preggo" :)

Haven't updated in a while, but really there isn't much your missing! Almost everything is turned in for our homestudy, waiting on medical appts for Jaden and I in two weeks. Now working on Dossier paperwork, which is a cinch compared to the homestudy paperwork!!
Since I am using alot of lingo common to the adoption world, I thought i'd take a minute to explain to you all what the heck I am saying!!
Homestudy-This is a "report" of our lives.....usually about a 25-30 page document prepared by a social worker, who reviews our submitted paperwork and comes to our house for a minimum of 6 hours to visit with us and get to know us.
Dossier-A collection of documents, including the homestudy report, as required by the country you are adopting from.
Waitlist-pretty self explainatory.....we will be on the waitlist for 18-24 months before we get a referral(see next). We will get updates monthy stating what number we are on the waitlist.
Referral-OUR CHILD!! :) A referral means that our agency has found us a child that meets our criteria that we decide on with our social worker. We will recieve a referral after the child passes medical exams AND after both Ethiopian affairs and our agency both do a background check to verify that the child is in fact a legitimate orphan. Oh, what a sweet day this will be!!!!!! We then have a week to review the child's file, PRAY, and decide if that child is really ours :)

We have been busy getting ready for Jaden's 6ith birthday.....you all know how I love parties!! This year, I did scale down a bit and am letting a kids play place host rather than running the show myself. I have to admit, it has been SO much easier! I'll post pics so you can see what I have been working on!

We have yet to set a date for our yard sale, and are still GLADLY taking donations! We are waiting to hear from our church board to see if we can have it at our church...So that will make a difference on when we have it. aiming for mid may, if I can pull it off by then!! Let me know if you have donations, we'll come get them!! So far my basement is overflowing, and it is spilling into the garage! We are BLESSED!

Keep the prayers coming.....We so appreciate them, and we can feel the energy around us from you all praying for us!! LOVE YOU ALL!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment